A sore throat is a common ailment usually caused by infection with any one of a large number of viruses or less commonly bacteria. It is a common ailment during the winter season. However, during the summer, air conditioning can dry out your throat and produce sore throat.
Here are a few natural remedies for sore throat:
– If sore throat is accompanied by fever haveraw garlic throughout the day. It’s a naturalantibiotic, effective against bacteria and viruses.
– You can also gargle with salt water 3-4 times daily.
– Clove oil spray is also effective against cold. It not only numbs the pain but will also kill any germ that might aggravate your condition. Clove oil is also a natural antibiotic, with the added bonus of immediately bringing relief from the pain.
– Drink plenty of clear fluid
– The famous old-time remedy is to have chicken soup. A homemade broth of chicken, including the skin, with loads of garlic, is effective for throat pain, flu symptoms and colds.
Apart from these natural remedies don’t forget to check on your body temperature. If your cold is accompanied by fever, do fix an appointment with a doctor.