All of us have suffered from dandruff at some point or the other. While several factors can cause it, fungal infection on the scalp is one of the main reasons.
Other causes include exposure to pollution, hormonal fluctuations, stress and neurological disorders. Bad hygiene habits also contribute to the problem. Here are some simple and effective home remedies to get rid of an itchy, flaky scalp…
– Olive oil contains natural clarifying properties known to get rid of dandruff. Massage your scalp with olive oil at least twice a week. To make it more effective, wrap a scarf around your hair before sleeping so that the oil is absorbed well.
– Boil a few neem leaves for half an hour. Crush them, make a paste and apply it on your scalp. Leave it for about 40 minutes and wash it off.
– After you’re done shampooing and conditioning, give your hair a final rinse with a few drops of apple cide vinegar mixed with water. Since vinegar is packed with potassium, it is effective in getting rid of dead skin. Avoid using chemically treated vinegar.
– Soak fenugreek seeds overnight in water. Make a paste and apply this on your scalp. Leave it for about half an hour and wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this weekly for a month.
– Aloe vera comprises antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, which are excellent to treat dandruff. Apply aloe vera gel on your scalp for around 40 minutes and wash if off with your shampoo.